Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
As an employee of KYRHA, you and your family have access to the EFAP at no cost. To ensure your privacy and confidentiality, fees for the EFAP service have been paid in advance. The EFAP is completely confidential within the limits of the law. No one, including your employer, will ever know that you have used the service unless you choose to tell them.
- Short-term professional counselling provides support for personal and emotional issues. Delivery methods include in-person, telephone, e-counselling, First Chat, video and text-based self-paced.
- Family Support Services connects you with a Family Support Specialist for personalized assistance with family planning, parenting, childcare, eldercare, home-care support and more.
- Legal Support Services provide consultation with professional lawyers to answer legal questions surrounding divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt, bankruptcy, landlord / tenant issues, and more.
- Financial Support Services provide consultation with financial professionals to answer financial questions about budgeting, debt management, tax issues, and more.
- Nutritional Services offer consultation with Registered Dieticians on any nutritional matter or concern.
- Health Coaching by Registered Nurses can provide information and advice, co-ordination and support; and coaching on any health risk or concern.
- Specialized Counselling and Online Programs to assist with career challenges, managing stress, tobacco, cessation, enhancing your relationships, separation and divorce, and financial planning.
Methods of Access
- Call the Shepell Care Access Centre toll free at 1-844-336-3136.
- Use Online Access (Canada only) via workhealthlife.com.
- Register and log into E-Counselling via workhealthlife.com, Shepell.com or my EAP app.
- Use First Chat, instant online chat with a counsellor, via workhealthlife.com.
- For crisis situations requiring immediate attention, call 911 or the Shepell Client Care Access Centre at 1-844-336-3136.
The EFAP benefit reflects our continuing commitment to your well-being and privacy. We encourage you to use the EFAP anytime you need it. Call 1-844-336-3136. Visit workhealthlife.com and sign up by entering your Regional Health Authority as your employer name for full access to the EFAP services and resources.